The first impression is often times the most lasting impression that someone will have on you. One way to give others the best first impression of yourself is to show up with well-ironed clothes. Make sure you show a positive first impression with our wide selection of steam irons available for you. Click here to find out more.
Top Steam Price List 2019
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Philips Azur Performer Steam iron||S$ 77.00||Qoo10|
|Philips PowerLife GC2998||S$ 72.00||Qoo10|
|Bosch TDA2633GB||S$ 52.00||LazMall by Lazada|
|Philips GC1426||S$ 30.58||Qoo10|
|Tefal DV8610||S$ 59.00||Qoo10|
|Philips PerfectCare Aqua GC8650/80||S$ 499.00||Qoo10|
|Tefal FV4970||S$ 102.00||Shopee|
|Philips GC1021||S$ 42.00||Qoo10|
|Philips Azur Performer Plus GC4527/00||S$ 124.50||Qoo10|
|Tefal EasyGliss FV3910||S$ 59.00||Shopee|
Dress to Impress with Steam Irons
Ironing may be a household chore that you would rather skip if you could, but there are some things in life that you cannot escape from. Growing up, you would most probably have seen your mother ironing your father’s working shirts, or your school uniform. Ironing smoothens the creases on your apparels, especially after the clothes have just been washed or left folded in the drawer, resulting in wrinkle-free clothes for you to attend special functions and important events with. Since ironing is definitely included in the list of your household chores (even if you wished you could remove it from the list), why not make your life easier by getting a steam iron.
Advantages of Steam Irons
Some of you might wonder why you should get a steam iron if you already have a dry iron. First off, a steam iron enables you to iron fabrics faster compared to a regular dry iron. This is because the steam produced by the steam iron will even out the wrinkles faster, allowing for quicker ironing. Steam irons are particularly useful for fabrics made of wool, as they are able to remove the creases easier and faster. Moreover, the steam iron enables you to fix and control the temperature of the iron, prevent the iron from becoming too hot for certain fabrics because different fabrics should be ironed at different temperatures for the best results.
How to Use A Steam Iron Properly
Although most steam irons basically operate the same way, make sure you read the instructions properly before you start ironing, as each model has its own set of features and specifications. Generally, these are the basic instructions on how to use a steam iron:
- Fill the water tank in the steam iron according to the instructions written in the product manual. Some steam irons have a detachable tank that you can fill separately, while others require you to fill in the water directly into the iron. At this stage, the iron should still be unplugged and cold. Make sure that you do not fill the tank above the prescribed maximum line.
- Clip back the detachable tank into the steam iron (for the former) and then plug in the iron to the power source.
- The ideal ironing temperature is usually mentioned on the label of the fabric. Set the iron’s temperature level accordingly and wait for the soleplate to heat up. Most models have a light to indicate whether the iron has reached the set temperature. The light will turn off when the temperature is reached. Then turn on the steam feature.
- Spread the fabric flat on the ironing board and proceed to iron as normal. The iron will release steam when it is used, so make sure you move it away from you to avoid burning yourself with the steam.
- Spray deeper creases on the fabric with the iron’s spray function and then iron over it to smoothen the wrinkles evenly. Iron a section long enough to smoothen it, and not to entirely dry it. The fabric should still remain slightly damp when you have finished ironing.
- Whenever you want to put the iron down, make sure to set it on its heel to avoid the iron from burning the fabric and your ironing board. Once you are done with the ironing, unplug the iron and remove the excess water carefully. Rest the iron on its heel until it cools completely before keeping it.
Popular Steam Iron Brands Featured on iPrice Singapore
Steam irons are quite commonly found in Malaysia and many brands that specialize in home appliances will have at least a steam iron model under its inventory. There are many brands that are featured on iPrice Singapore, but some of the more popular ones are as below:
Browse through iPrice Singapore’s steam irons page to check out steam irons from all brands featured.