- Types of refrigerators
- How to choose the right refrigerator
- Shop for the best refrigerators in Singapore!
Refrigerators are appliances that help keep your food and other items fresh. The cold temperature inhibits bacteria that break down organic matter i.e. your food items and groceries, which keeps it crisp and ready to be cooked or eaten. Almost every household today has a refrigerator; your kitchen is never complete without one.
If you are looking for the perfect refrigerator for your home, the first thing that you need to do is determine what type of refrigerator would suit your needs and your lifestyle. There are five types of refrigerators to choose from:
- Top Freezer
- Bottom Freezer
- Side by side
Top Freezer Refrigerator
Revered as the most common type of refrigerator, a top freezer provides a spacious interior with the freezer located at the top, hence the name.
Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
The exact opposite of a top freezer, a bottom freezer gives users better access to food items inside the refrigerator without bending over. Aside from that, items from the freezer are also easier to access since the freezer door maybe pulled out or swing open.
Side by Side Refrigerator
A side by side refrigerator features both the freezer and the cooler right next to each other, making your food items easier to reach, plus this type of refrigerator is designed to accommodate bigger plates, containers, and platters.
Built in Refrigerator
Made to go with your kitchen decor, a built-in refrigerator is constructed to blend in with the rest of your kitchen cabinetry, and thus a little bit expensive. It often has less depth but compensates on width to accommodate more food items, plates, containers, etc.
Perfect for tight spaces in dorm rooms, offices, bedrooms, apartment rooms, etc., a compact refrigerator features a small body that can be placed under or over countertops. Though it provides less capacity and accommodates less, it is compact and can be used in small living spaces.
A refrigerator adds modernity to your kitchen in terms of functionality and aesthetic. Here are several tips that would help you make the right choice when shopping for refrigerators.
- The first thing that you need to consider when buying a refrigerator is your budget.
- Secondly, you should consider the size of the refrigerator and how much do you need to fit your lifestyle. If you are living alone, then a fridge with a storage capacity of 18-20 cubic feet would suffice. For families an average of 26-29 cubic feet refrigerator would definitely be needed.
- Refrigerators have several styles and finishes so choose a refrigerator that suits your changing taste.
- There are refrigerators that are more energy-efficient than others, so choose one that are energy star-rated which uses 20% less energy than others.
- Look for other features in your refrigerator such as child locks, built-in ice-maker or water dispenser, or even extended warranties.
A refrigerator is an essential part of your kitchen that keeps your food items fresh and ready for consumption or use. If you are looking for refrigerators online in Singapore, take a look at our selection of refrigerators from a wide selection of brands such as Haier, Panasonic, Samsung, and so much more at iPrice!