After a day’s work or just being outdoors, dust will fall and stick onto our skin. Although body shower liquids can cleanse the outer most layer of the skin, a good body scrub is essential to exfoliate the skin. Click here to learn more.
- Price (ascending)
- Price (descending)
- What is a body scrub?
- How can body scrub benefit the skin?
- Simple guide on body scrub
- Best body scrubs in Singapore
Body scrub also known as body polish is a spa treatment that exfoliates the skin on your body. A body scrub will help remove stubborn dirt and dust in the pores of the skin, leaving it feeling fresh, smooth, moisturised and soft. An abrasive product, body scrub is rubbed vigorously and massaged across and into the skin and is then rinsed away to reveal a moisturised layer of fresh, clean and smooth skin.
Body scrub not only stimulates the lymphatic system, increases circulation, and removes dead skin cells but it is also a better and more hygienic alternative as compared to loofas and brushes as they can catch bacteria and can be difficult to be sterilized at home.
A salt scrub is also a type of body scrub that is excellent for exfoliation if you have skin issue that may need healing. As the properties in salt are detoxifying and are a natural and healthy way to heal injury to the skin, an organic salt scrub is recommended once a week for those with skin issues.
However, coarse salt and sugar scrubs are not ideal for sensitive skin types. Instead, look for a salt or sugar scrub exfoliator that is made of very fine premium sugar particles.
Body scrub is beneficial to our skin and is recommend to be used once or twice a week. Avoid using it daily as you might over exfoliate the skin’s outer most layers.
Start by showering, wet your whole body with water.
- With wet skin, turn the temperature from warm-to-hot water to soften the skin.
- Allow the shower to run for 5-10 minutes and let the warm water to soften the skin and prepare for exfoliation.
- Turn off the running water, and apply the body scrub in circular motions to exfoliate. Focus on the heels, elbows and knees, areas that tend to collect more dirt and dust.
- Wash off with warm water and then use shower gel as usual.
Here are some of the top body scrubs that are loved by many. Pharmaceutical brands like Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, Thymes and Caswell Massey are among the most liked brand for their body scrub products. Learn how to give your body the complete care package by browsing at our wide variety of Bath & Body supplies.