Considering the benefits of water heaters, getting one will surely be a worthwhile investment for your shower room. Check out the best water heaters in Singapore or read more about how to choose the right water heater for your bathroom. Browse below to compare the price of water heaters available here.
Product Type:Tank Storage Water Heater
Product Type:Tank Storage Water Heater
Top Water Heaters Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Joven JH 35 HE||S$ 266.00||LazMall by Lazada|
|Joven JH 25 HE||S$ 238.00||Shopee|
|Ariston SMC33||S$ 144.00||Lazada|
|Joven JH 50 HE||S$ 275.00||Shopee|
|Joven JH-15||S$ 217.00||LazMall by Lazada|
|Joven EC 757||S$ 103.00||Lazada|
|Ariston 30L Lux||S$ 250.00||Qoo10|
|Joven SA10||S$ 118.00||Lazada|
|Joven SB11||S$ 99.00||Qoo10|
|Mistral MSH303i||S$ 65.00||Lazada|
Water heaters are essential equipment for any household. They provide hot water for shower, dishes, and laundry. If you are in the market for one, do consider the following points below to help you choose the right water heater for your needs.
Types of water heaters
There are two variants of water heaters – tank and tankless models. Although tankless water heaters are a popular choice, conventional tank variants still have their uses and advantages.
- Tank water heater - It comes with an insulating material to keep the water warm inside the tank. It also has a thermostat that allows you to control the temperature of the water. Tank water heaters can either be gas or electric.
- Tankless water heater - Unlike tank water heaters, tankless variants provide an unlimited supply of hot water. Plus, they are comfortable, convenient, and energy-efficient.
Things to consider when looking for water heaters
Before you buy a water heater, it’s important to consider the following points below. Also, make sure the one of interest to you suits your needs, should be longer-lasting, and above all provide value for your money.
If you’re looking for an energy-efficient water heater, then a tankless variant is your best bet. It supplies hot water only at the time it is being used. Thus, it will expend less energy and therefore will save you money on the electricity bill each month. When looking for a water heater, check if it has a high energy factor. The higher the energy factor, the more efficient the water heater will be. Moreover, if you are going for tankless water heaters, expect them to be priced higher compared to the standard tank variants.
Tank water heaters are often bulky in size which uses up a lot of space in your house. They are ideal if you have a large space where you can put them. Meanwhile, tankless water heaters do not take up much space, unlike the regular tanks since they are compact.
In terms of longevity, tankless water heaters win over conventional tank heaters. This is because the latter is subject to wear and tear. A tankless water heater has a lifespan of 20 years, while a tank variant has 10-15 years. Another great thing about a tankless water heater is that its parts are replaceable, allowing you to extend its life.
In this category, the tank water heaters win hands down. They can store over 150 litres of hot water, more than enough to accomplish your laundry, kitchen, and bathroom related needs. Whereas, tankless water heaters can provide a few litres of hot water at a time.
Tankless water heaters cost more since they require electrical outlets in order for their internal components to function. It also needs better gas pipes and a ventilation system. But, in the long run, you can make up for their high initial price as you consume less energy and reduce your electric bill, thus, saving you a lot of money.
Joven, Rheem, and Ariston water heater are the best brands in Singapore. Other decent water heater brands include Rubine, Champs, and 707 water heater. Here are some of the specific models you can purchase:
- Ariston Aures Smart SMC33 Instant Water Heater
- Rubine Instant Water Heater RWH-2388BHP
- Joven SB11 Instant Water Heater
- 707 Princeton Instant Water Heater
- Mistral MSH2 Instant Water Heater
- Champs Tiger Instant Water Heater
- Panasonic Instant Shower Heater DH3DL2S
Replacing or installing a water heater incurs an average cost of S$80. Expect an installation price ranging between S$50 and S$200 depending on your residential area and installation requirement. Generally, it takes less than an hour for the installation of an instant hot water heater, and several hours for the installation of a storage water heater as it requires water pipe connection between 2 or 3 bathrooms. You may check out Water Heater City for water heater installation service at the best price.
A storage water heater heats water in large volume, hence taking up a longer time for the water to be fully heated up. On the other hand, an instant water heater heats water instantly through a tiny heating chamber right after being powered up. Many households usually opt for instant water heaters these days due to their energy efficiency and shorter time taken to get heated water. Overall, if your home has limited space and you would like to lower electricity costs, an instant water heater is the ideal option.
How long does a water heater last?
The average lifespan of an instant water heater is between 5 and 7 years, whereas a storage water heater can last approximately 10 years or more. That said, it’s crucial to do a proper inspection and maintenance for your water heater every 3 years.
When should I replace my water heater?
Although some water heaters are still functioning well after 5 years, there may be hidden problems that we don’t notice while we shower. Here are some telltale signs of a water heater needing a replacement:
- Water leakage: If your heater is leaking water, it is possibly due to cracked or loosened water piping. Contact a plumber to assist you in fixing the pipe.
- Brown water: Water that flows out appears brown or weird in colour, which indicates that there’s rust in the internal components of your heater. This murky water is detrimental to your skin, so it requires an immediate replacement.
- Inconsistent water temperature: If the water temperature often turns from hot to cold and cold to hot by itself, the thermostat might be faulty.
- Weird noises: Water heaters are generally quiet, so if yours is starting to make some strange noises, that means there are accumulated sediments in the water heater, causing it to work even harder to heat up the water.
Where can I buy instant water heater in Singapore?
You can buy an instant water heater at Courts Singapore, or through online marketplaces like Shopee, Lazada, and Qoo10 at the best price during sales season.