The daily hustle and bustle of urban life can cause stress that can take a toll on your skin. Along with environmental factors like pollution, temperature changes, and sun’s harsh rays, your skin gradually deteriorates, which leads to a dull complexion and loss of radiance. To help you with your skin care, here are some tips to keep it healthy and glowing every day.
Keep your skin hydrated
Not drinking lots of water often leads to dehydration which is a cause of a dry skin. That’s why it’s best to drink about 10 glasses or more than 2 liters of water a day. This is because your skin works just like any organ in your body that needs sufficient amount of water to function properly. If you want your skin to be more hydrated, pair your water intake with hydrating products from BIODERMA. They have the Hydrabio range that includes moisturizers, serums, and other products that will cleanse, protect, and further hydrate your skin.
Don't pop your pimples
No doubt, pimples are nasty. Many people, especially teens, want to get rid of them quickly, so they pop them without thinking of the consequences. Popping not only can cause scarring, but it can also spread more pimples all throughout the skin of the affected area. When you pop a pimple, there’s a chance that the bacteria that comes with it will end up getting absorbed by other pores. Also, it causes redness and pain which can worsen your acne. To minimize your acne, it’s recommended to cut sweet food and drinks. Together with BIODERMA Sebium Global, prevent the appearance of pimples to improve your skin.
Eat healthy foods
Whether you are lean or plus size, you need a balanced diet to improve your complexion. Diet is not just about eating less but it’s also about eating the right food.
- Fruits and vegetables - To reduce your acne, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. It’s best to get 5 or more servings of healthy veggies a day.
- Omega-3-rich foods - Not all fats are unhealthy, in fact, there are also healthy ones like omega-3s. They can reduce inflammation and increase the promotion of healthy cells. Examples of omega-3-rich foods are fish, specifically sardines and salmon; flaxseeds; and leafy greens, specifically spinach.
- Probiotics - To reduce the inflammation caused by acne, it’s best to take drinks that have probiotics like kombucha. Probiotics contain healthy bacteria like lactobacillus which fights off acne bacteria, preventing the acne from getting worse.
Take the right vitamins
Sometimes, people forget to take their vitamins or forget to buy them due to their hectic schedules. There are also some that ignore taking vitamins because they eat healthy foods. However, the nutrients that they get from these foods may not be adequate for their daily nutritional requirement. Cooking, food processing, and preserving diminish the nutrients from foods. That is why taking vitamins is important to boost the mineral levels in the body. Also, it’s important to choose the right kind of vitamins to improve skin health and reduce acne.
- Evening Primrose oil - A product rich in omega-6 fat, evening primrose oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help fight acne. Taking 1000 to 1500mg two times a day will suffice.
- Zinc Citrate - Taking 30 mg of this a day is sure to improve your protein synthesis and tissue function. It also aids in wound healing.
- Vitamin E - Having damaged skin and inflammation is a problem for people who constantly suffers from acne. However, a daily dose of vitamin E will fix it and bring back the skin to its healthy state.
Use a moisturizer
Sometimes, people wash their faces in order to prevent breakouts and strip the dirt and excess oils. However, washing more than twice a day can strip off the essential oils your skin needs. So, it’s recommended to apply a moisturizer like the Sebium Hydra from BIODERMA. This moisturizer won’t clog your pores so worry not of breakouts. It’s also ideal to put moisturizer at night to keep the skin nourished and hydrated. BIODERMA’s Hydrabio Crème is a good moisturizer to apply at night. Together with Hydrabio H2O, you will have an excellent night time regimen that will work wonders on your skin.
Get enough sleep
Not having enough sleep can cause stress and worsen acne. So, it’s important to get adequate sleep. Seven to nine hours of sleep will suffice. In addition, the pillowcase we sleep on should be changed regularly but thrice a week may be enough. This is because pillowcases hold dirt and oil from the environment and your skin. These are transferred to our face when we sleep on them which can result to dirt clogging our pores, causing blemishes.
It’s clear that exercise provides amazing benefits: from muscle development to improved blood circulation. Since it promotes good circulation, it will boost skin health, making it look healthier and more vibrant. However, when exercising outdoors, the damaging rays of the sun may outweigh the benefits of good circulation. So, it’s best to apply a sunscreen such as BIODERMA’s Hydrabio Perfecteur SPF 30 to shield your skin from the sun’s harsh rays. It has UVA/UVB screen plus age-defying properties to keep the skin’s natural, youthful glow.