A mini skirt is a type of clothing with a shorter hemline, even shorter than the midi skirt, no longer than 10cm below the buttocks. While short skirts have been worn by women for many years, it wasn’t until the 60s where the term “mini skirt” was first used. A mini skirt provides less coverage compared to other garments and is an exciting, feminine, and fashionable garment. There are many types of mini skirts with different designs, fabrics, and colors that would match your style.
- If you want to look sexy, and want to reveal more skin without going too over the top, then a mini skirt is a great choice.
- A mini skirt is a versatile garment which can be worn with all sorts of tops, shoes, and accessories.
- Almost everyone can wear a mini skirt. Regardless of your size or body type, you can definitely rock a mini skirt with the right attitude.
- You can wear a miniskirt anywhere you want. From office to party, with the right accessories, you can style your miniskirt for any occasion.
- Wearing a miniskirt gives a girl the confidence to rock a cute and sexy #OOTD.
As mentioned, there are many types of mini skirt with various designs, fabrics, and colors which would look good on any body type. Whether you want to look sweet, feminine, edgy, cool, or sexy, a mini skirt would definitely suit your style and personality. Below are the many types of mini skirts that every girl must-have.
Pencil mini skirt
Perfect for an office setting, a pencil skirt is a body-hugging garment which helps accentuate the hips, and shape the waist. It’s most popular variety are the high-waisted pencil skirt which provides enough coverage from the waist up, and can be worn with any type of top from blouses to crop tops.
Skater mini skirt
A popular garment which rose to prominence in the 2010s with tons of different variations, the skater skirt is a classic design from the 60s. What makes it different from other skirts is that it only comprises of a circular fabric with a hole cut in the middle, compared to other, more complicated skirt designs. Because of this characteristic, the skater skirt uses natural fabric draping when worn and gives a feminine touch to the outfit.
Pleated mini skirt
Pleats are a wonderful way to add style to your #OOTD. The best thing about pleated skirts is that it never goes out of style which gives you flexibility, and it is easy to pair it with any garment.
Denim mini skirt
If you want to be more edgy but feminine, then a denim skirt is the best choice. All the benefits of wearing denim, are all in this cute and edgy garment. It’s durable, never goes out of style, and functional.
For fashionistas who want to add a little spark and sexiness to their outfits, then wearing a denim skirt would surely give you the style you are looking for. Check out our wide selection of mini skirts here or browse through different brands such as Choies, Moschino and ASOS.