Apple AirPods Price in Singapore & Specifications
Top Selling in Headphones
|Microphone Position||On Earphones|
|Active Noise Reduction||No|
|Call on Hold||No|
|Control Panel||Touch Screen|
When Apple announced its first wireless earphones, the news had every Apple enthusiast hyped up about the AirPods’ functionality and cool design. While looking quite identical to the usual Apple earphones ‘EarPods’, the AirPods come without cords, making them truly wireless. Released back in December 2016, the AirPods are essential accessories for Apple iPhone users who have had enough of tangled cords.
Why You Should Get AirPods Today
With these wireless earphones, there’s no need to reach for your phone to pause your music when someone initiates a conversation with you. As long as you remove one side of the earphones from your ear, the music will be immediately paused. To resume the music, just put the earphone back in, and you can then continue revelling in your favourite tunes.
Aside from music, you can also summon your favourite assistant Siri by double-tapping on your AirPods, it will accomplish any smartphone navigation duty requested by you. It’s ideal for those who would like to be less attached to their smartphone.
Pocket-friendly AirPods Case
Fitting snugly in a white charging case with a magnetic closure, Apple AirPods can be removed and put back in place with ease. Even though the AirPods case is made of plastic, its build is of high quality. Even after months of flipping open and closing the durable case, the lid still works just fine.
However, given its plastic material, it is still prone to scratches when coming in contact with sharp objects. This may call for an additional layer of Silicon case cover to protect the case in the long run. The case isn’t just a normal case for storing your AirPods, but it also serves as a charger. To charge the AirPods, all you need to do is plug your iPhone cable into the case’s Lightning port that’s placed at the bottom.
AirPods (1st Gen) Battery Life
After a full charge, the AirPods deliver up to 5 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time. When placed in the case for merely 15 minutes, you can already get 3 hours of listening time, sufficient for your listening needs during the commute for the day. The battery life is considerably great since it’s a rare occasion for us to be on our earphones for more than 5 hours per day.
For first-time users of wireless headphones who are looking to save some dough, the 1st-generation AirPods work just fine thanks to their convenience and ease of use. Their price is rather affordable now considering that Apple constantly releases new editions of AirPods with some feature or audio enhancements.
Is AirPods being discontinued?
The first generation AirPods were discontinued after the debut of AirPods 2 on 20 March 2019. Apple has introduced upgraded features in the second-generation AirPods with an H1 chip which delivers improved connectivity and supports Bluetooth 5.0.
AirPods 2 Singapore (2019)
Nevertheless, if you prefer an upgraded version of Apple AirPods and don’t mind shelling out a bit more money for better value, check out the AirPods 2 or also known as AirPods 2019. You can choose from two variants - with a wireless charging case or a non-wireless charging case.
AirPods 2 Features
- 5 hours of listening time or 3 hours of talk time with a single charge
- Wireless charging case supplies over 24 hours of battery life, compatible with Qi-certified chargers
- 15 minutes of charging in the case deliver up to 3 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time
- Double-tap to play or skip a song or answer a phone call
- Live Listen feature lets you stream audio from an iPhone’s microphone to AirPods wirelessly - a great feature for people with disabilities
- Bluetooth 5.0 support
- H1 headphone chip
Noise Cancellation? Go for the AirPods Pro
For fans of noise-cancellation headphones, the AirPods Pro would be a perfect choice, as they are the only Apple in-ear headphones that come with the Active Noise Cancellation technology. They are crafted with ergonomic design and customisable fit, so when you listen to music, you can barely feel the presence of headphones in your ears. Some of the features that set the AirPods Pro apart from other AirPods are:
- They are sweat- and water-resistant - IPX4 certified
- Come with three sizes of soft and flexible silicone tips
- The outward-facing microphone detects external sound, which will be eliminated by AirPods Pro with its anti-noise technology before you hear any sound from the surrounding
- Transparency mode allows you to get in touch with the surrounding sounds - just press and hold the force sensor on the stem of the AirPods
- Rich and superior audio quality delivers an immersive listening experience
- Get assistance from Siri right away just by simply saying “Hey Siri” without touching your phone
- Share audio - whether it be a song or a podcast between two sets of AirPods via Audio Sharing
- Great battery life - 4.5 hours of listening time after one full charge
AirPods Pro Price in Singapore
The AirPods Pro retailed price is S$379.00 in Singapore.