Vivo V17 Price in Singapore & Specifications
48 + 8 + 2 + 2MP
Top Selling in Smartphones
Price List by Country for Vivo V17
|Display Resolution||1080 x 2340pixels|
|Display Technology||Super AMOLED|
|Rear Camera||48 + 8 + 2 + 2MP|
|Camera Lenses||Quad Camera|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||159.3 x 75.2 x 8.7mm|
|CPU||Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|OS Version||Android 9.0 (Pie)|
|Wi-Fi Standard||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
Is Vivo V17 worth buying?
Possibly one of the camera phones that marks a new milestone for Vivo, the Vivo V17 features a rectangular camera module framed by a stunning colour gradient. Despite being a budget phone, the premium design boosts its aesthetic value.
The Vivo V17 comes with a 6.44-inch hole-punch display and is virtually bezel-less. The hole-punch camera might have been the tiniest among all Android phones so far as it is almost unnoticeable. Netflix marathon and gaming experience would be enjoyable thanks to its E3 Super AMOLED panel.
Looking at its quad-camera setup, the Vivo V17 is designed with a 48MP primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture for bokeh and depth effect as well as a 2MP f/2.4 macro camera. Each shot is absolutely stunning, with clarity, colours, exposure, and details hitting the spot. While night shots generally fare alright in Night Mode, its blurriness and lack of details are a fly in the ointment As for its 32 MP front camera, it takes good portrait shots with accurate edge detection and details capturing. You can also select from a bunch of good filters to beautify your portrait shots.
Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 that’s coupled with 8 GB of RAM, the Vivo V17 delivers smooth performance, so multitasking and switching between apps are no big deal for this device. Not only that, the Vivo V17 offers a Face Unlock feature as well as in-display fingerprint sensor for data security. Users have said that the latter is more efficient than the former as the face unlock feature has a hard time detecting the user’s face in low-light settings.
After several launches of new models, Vivo has decided to part with the micro-USB port and replace it with a USB-C port that supports an 18W fast charge. The Vivo V17 can charge from 0% to 35% in 30 minutes. While it’s not the fastest charging speed ever, the phone has a sustainable battery life that keeps your phone running throughout the day on a full charge as it houses a 4500 mAh battery.
In a nutshell, the Vivo V17 can be regarded as an all-rounder that packs a bunch including good performance (including gaming), cameras that are up to standard, and day-long battery life.
What are the specs of the Vivo V17?
Vivo V17 Specifications
- Release Date: November 2019
- Screen Size: 6.44 inches (84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Dimensions: 159 x 74.2 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 176 g
- Body: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (~409 ppi density)
- Display Type: Super AMOLED
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie), FunTouch 9.2
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Quad Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm + 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panorama
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f/2.5, 23mm (wide), 1/2.8", 0.8µm
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh, Fast charging 18W
- Colours: Admiral Blue, Glacier Ice White, Midnight Ocean Black
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes
- Sensors: Under-display fingerprint sensor (optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Water Resistance: No
Which is better: Vivo V17 or Vivo V17 Pro?
Comparing all the key features between both phones, the Vivo V17 fares better than its Pro counterpart. It has higher battery power, faster CPU speed, and more internal storage than the Pro model. The table below shows a comparison of these specs:
Main Camera: 48MP f/1.8 + 8MP f/2.2 + 2MP f/2.4 + 2MP f/2.4
Front Camera: 32 MP f/2.45
Main Camera: 48MP f/1.8 + 8MP f/2.2 + 13MP f/2.5 + 2MP f/2.4
Front Camera: 32MP f/2.0 + 8MP f/2.2
4 x 2GHz & 4 x 1.8GHz
2 x 2 & 6 x 1.7GHz
Where can I buy Vivo V17 in Singapore?
Aside from Vivo physical stores, you can obtain the Vivo V17 online at a fraction of its original price from trusted e-marketplaces such as Lazada, Qoo10, and Shopee.