Founded by the Chinese business tycoon, Jack Ma, Alibaba is one of the largest retailers on the planet. It offers various sales services which include supplier to consumer and supplier to business transactions. Buyers use the site to search for products and suppliers quickly and easily. If you are looking for a good quality supplier, here are tips to get you started.
Tips for finding good suppliers on Alibaba
Alibaba is a marketplace where business owners look for suppliers and manufacturers to place wholesale orders at the most affordable price per item they can get. Keep in mind that not all suppliers on the site are legit and offer the right products you need. Thus, it’s important to consider the following points.
Determine what you want to sell
Before starting a business, it’s important that you know the product you want to sell. Do some research on it to know if it is a good idea and if it already exists. If there’s already a similar product in the market, just look for a manufacturer on Alibaba that knows how to make such. If the product has not been offered before, look for a manufacturer that can make it for you.
Aside from determining if the product already exists, you should also know how it will be constructed and look like. Figure out what kind of material, hardware, size, etc. will be best for your product. Once you already know what product you want to sell, look for manufacturers and suppliers that suit your needs perfectly.
Consider Your Budget
Before looking for a supplier, you should know how much money will be spent. Your budget will determine how many products you will be able to purchase, the quality of the products, and the suppliers/manufacturers you’ll be working with. Also, set aside a part of your budget for ordering product samples and shipping.
Finding the right suppliers
Looking for suppliers on Alibaba seems easy as the market is full of them. However, it can be overwhelming if you’re careful with choosing the right suppliers. To help you find good suppliers, here are some tips you can use.
- Always verify the supplier’s email, telephone number, and website. Make sure they are who they claim to be and you will be able to get in touch with them through their contact information whenever necessary.
- The supplier should have a physical address, not a P.O. Box. This is because a legit supplier should at least have a physical store or a factory.
- Know more about the suppliers by simply googling them. Check their reviews, complaints, and other important information.
- To check the credibility of the manufacturer or supplier, see if they have the Gold Supplier status which is a premium membership on Alibaba. Although such credential is not always 100% reliable, it should be a good start to determine whether the supplier is good or not.
- A good supplier should use secure payment systems like the ones from Alibaba and PayPal. Be cautious of suppliers who process payment via Western Union or other wire transfers because there’s a chance that the payment cannot be reversed once it goes through.
Finding the Best Products on Alibaba
To get products for your business using Alibaba, begin by browsing its vast range of products. From machinery to apparel, it’s got all the products you need.
Redeeming Alibaba Coupons and Codes
- Visit the coupon section above and select the promo of interest to you.
- Copy the code if the offer has one.
- Go to the Alibaba website and sign in if you already have an account. Otherwise, sign up for one.
- Once signed in, click My Coupons. Enter the coupon code you copied earlier from iprice.sg.
- If you want to redeem the coupon, go to the Valid tab and click Use it.
- Look for a product that you need by clicking the products tab. You can also find products under the category tab.
- Use filter options on the left side if there are thousands of products on the search results.
- You can also search by supplier if you have worked with a supplier in the past or know one that offers the product you want.
- If you have chosen a product, click Start Order.
- Negotiate with the supplier. If the minimum order quantity and price don’t suffice your needs, then you can ask the supplier for a discount or change the quantity.
- After you negotiated with the supplier, you can now pay and confirm your order.
- Confirm the shipment and receipt to complete the transaction.
Alibaba accepts credit and debit cards issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Maestro. They also allow wired transfers via Western Union.
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping and delivery times vary by supplier. If the shipment goes past the agreed timeframe, then the order will be canceled and the payment will be refunded to you.
If you have issues regarding your purchase, Alibaba has a dedicated chat support team which is available anytime, 24 hours/7 days.