DKNY Singapore - A brand of elegance and superiority
Every time you put on something from DKNY, you should know that there is a long and interesting history behind how it became what it is today. This fashionable label that was created by long-time designer, Donna Karan which lies in the most fashionable city, New York goes all the way back to her childhood years on Long Island. Her love for fashion came to her from her father who was a tailor and her mom, a model and a fashion sales rep.
Having attended Parsons School of Design and having fashion maven, Anne Klein as a mentor, it was not long before the world knew about the amazing Donna Karan. She paired up with her late husband and created the Donna Karan label in 1984 which revolved around high-end women’s fashion and accessories. Due to her desire to dress her own daughter Gabby, the DKNY jeans line was born which then benefited many denim wearers around the world. The collection received rave reviews and continued to be one of the top denim brands globally.
DKNY became an immediate success for Donna Karan and quickly became a number of
Blow your mind with DKNY Singapore
Here are some interesting facts that you might not know about this
- When DKNY was launched, it was a casual line of affordable clothes for working women who wanted to don a designer name but unable to afford her couture prices.
- The philosophy behind the creation of DKNY was simplicity where she offered wardrobe basics which made dressing for any occasion easy.
- Karan, from the very
beginningused her own closet as a testing ground and inspiration for her designs. Her husband, Stephan Weiss was her source of suggestion for her collection of menswear designs.
- Weiss, Donna Karan’s second husband was the bottle designer for her first signature fragrance, Donna Karan, which had a
mixscent of leather cashmere and suede and reminded her of the back of her husband’s neck.
- Although Karan was the first American designer to suggest sarong skirts for men, her husband was not up to the idea of wearing a skirt.
- For her youthful and
morefunkier DKNY line, she looked to her daughter, Gabrielle as her source of modern inspiration.
- Estee Lauder makes their cosmetics under the DKNY line.
- Donna Karen announced that her fall lines in 2009 will be
fur freeand that she has no plans to infuse fur in all her designs in the future.
actressand director, Barbra Streisand who was in love with Karan’s collection wore it out constantly as did television’s Murphy Brown character actress, Candace Bergen. Her menswear also had some very famous following which included Michael Bolton, Larry Hagman, Richard Gere and Warren Beatty.
- Her basic line, Essentials and a capsule collection of blazers, pants, wrap skirts and bodysuits that sold $15 million the first year which prompted her to add a line of Essentials for Men.
Sensational discounts and deals in
Being one of the fastest growing businesses in the world, many people are turning to online shops to get their all their needs because of its many great perks. You only need a stable internet connection and a workable payment method. You are not only able to skip all the hustle and bustle of the bustling city and shop at the comfort of your own house. You can say goodbye to crowded and stuffy malls for with a few click here and there,
So if the word sales and discounts put a big smile on anyone's face, then