Jarred baby food is great but do you know what has more nutrition and vitamins for your little ones? Homemade baby food. With baby food processors, making your own infant food is a breeze. The article down here contains the top recipes based on age that you can make with your baby food processors and a list of the top processor brands.
Top Baby Food Processors Price List 2020
Available in Lazada S$ 38.00
S$ 61.79 Go to Shop
Before starting your foray into making homemade baby food, there are certain ingredients you need to remember to omit in all of these recipes. These ingredients are common allergens like eggs, nuts, dairy, onion, fish, soy, wheat, and shellfish. These items can make your little one gassy, uncomfortable, and may trigger an allergic reaction. If your baby is older than 8 months, you can start to introduce these food items.
4 to 6 Months Old
- Banana Purée – As one of the most basic ingredients, bananas are rich in fiber and potassium. You can easily mush bananas in your baby food maker alone or with other fruits.
- Baked Sweet Potato Purée – Sweet potatoes are filled with vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Bake your sweet potatoes until they’re soft and add a splash of water or milk before puréeing it in the baby food processor.
- Baby Brown Rice Cereal – Purée half of a cup of uncooked organic brown rice with 4 cups of water. Blend it until smooth and serve it to your child. Organic brown rice is non-allergenic and can easily be digested.
7 to 9 Months Old
- Spinach and White Yams – The combination of these two vegetables provide a healthy dose of iron, calcium, folate, and vitamin A. The addition of yam increases the sweetness to the meal without being too overbearing.
- Veggies and Sole Purée – You can use any combination of veggies and fish but potatoes, carrots, peas, and sole fillets work the best. This is a great way to start introducing fish to your infant.
- Beets and Blueberry Mash – Other than enticing your baby’s palate, why not excite their sense of sight, too? The beet provides a bright magenta color and it contains antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber.
9 to 12 Months Old
- White Fish, Carrot, and Leek Purée – This baby purée is filled with omega-3 fatty acids that can help the development of your child’s cognitive systems. Leeks and carrots also provide cardiovascular support and antioxidants.
- Beef Stew – Although this recipe has longer prep time, the meal will be filled with iron. First, sear the beef till brown, boil the veggies, and simmer all the ingredients together for an hour until the beef is tender. Then you can use your baby food processor to purée the food.
- Quinoa Banana Mash – Quinoa is a great source of protein and adding bananas into the recipe gives the banana purée a new texture. Cook three tablespoons of quinoa and mix them with half a banana in the purée machine.
The Best Baby Food Processor
- Baby Brezza Glass One Step Baby Food Maker
- Baby Bullet Complete Baby Food System
- Smart Planet Baby Oasis Food Processor
- Kalorik Baby Food Maker
- Lil Jumblr Versatile Baby Food Maker