Protein shakes are not only subjected for body builders or gym goers, if consumed correctly can help to regulate daily diets and might function as part of weight control too. Click here to learn more about it.
Active Ingredient:Soya and Whey Protein
Top Protein Powder Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Myprotein Impact Whey||S$ 65.00||Look Fantastic|
|Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey||S$ 27.00||Shopee|
|Herbalife Formula 1 Shake||S$ 67.88||Lazada|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Mocha||S$ 63.30||Beauty Expert|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Strawberry||S$ 77.48||MyProtein|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Peach Tea||S$ 77.48||MyProtein|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Apple Crumble and Custard||S$ 77.48||MyProtein|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Chocolate Brownie||S$ 77.48||MyProtein|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Chocolate Smooth||S$ 77.48||MyProtein|
|Myprotein Impact Whey 2.5kg Pineapple||S$ 77.48||MyProtein|
- Protein powder and shakes Singapore: What is a protein shake?
- How can protein powder and shakes benefit you?
Highly popularised by sports enthusiast, bodybuilders and health geeks, protein powder and shakes is now one of the most searched health products in the market. Protein, as we all know, is needed for a basic cell to survive, it is the essential food source and so we all need a sufficient amount of protein to help upkeep optimal health of our physical bodies.
Protein powders come in various forms, the three most common ones include:
- Whey protein— most commonly used, because it’s a water-soluble milk protein that is also a complete protein, so it has all nine of the amino acids necessary for human dietary needs
- Soy protein — people who are vegan may prefer soy protein, although its taste is sometimes considered to be more unpleasant and it doesn’t dissolve as well in water, it is the more easily digested by our body system and with added soy nutrients (best choice for weight loss)
- Casein protein — a slow digesting protein with very low lactose level that provides a steady stream of amino acids to your muscles (up to 7 hours), it also has a naturally high glutamine content and so is one of the best proteins for preventing muscle breakdown (best choice for bodybuilding)
In specific circumstances, protein powders can actually be useful and beneficial to us. For example, in our morning rush to our workplace, in order to get sufficient nutrient and energy boost, protein is a very good option as they’re easy and convenient. Just put a scoop or two in a shaker, add some water or your favourite juice and mix them well, this protein shake will be sufficient to keep you going (and feel full) for half a day. It is also preferred by many because other sources of lean protein like meat, fish, chicken and dairy products may be too fattening, high on calories and just takes too much trouble to cook.
Besides that, protein powder and shakes makers nowadays also make their products an almost complete meal replacement with added vitamins and minerals. The recommended daily protein consumption is:
- 50g per day for women
- 65g per day for men
Do keep in mind that eating too much protein can also be a problem as it puts excess pressure on your kidneys and increases the amount of calcium excreted in the urine, in which will risk bone health in the long-term.
So, do keep in mind to always practice moderation when consuming protein. Build your diet with a base of solid foods and use protein powder as a — you guessed it — supplement when it’s healthy and convenient. Compliment your diet with suitable Vitamins and do exercises and gym workouts.