Be it an amateur that is stepping into the world of vaping for the first time, or a seasoned vaper looking for new choices, the massive selection of styles and types of devices can be a little overwhelming. Thankfully, this guide below will help to evaluate your needs and suggest the criteria you should consider when choosing the right vape kit for you.
Basic Anatomy of a Vape Device
Before proceeding to choose the right vape kit, you should know about the basic parts that all vape devices have in common. Although they might look different in terms of appearance, they have similar functions:
- Vape Tanks: This is the main part of the device usually placed near the mouthpiece that houses the wicks, e-liquid, and heating coil.
- Vape Coils: An assembly of wires which is replaceable that has been wound into a spring-like coil shape. The coils are then wicked with an absorbent material – usually cotton – that is used to absorb the e-liquid. The wire coils are heated to vaporise the e-liquid that are on the wicks.
- Batteries: Located in the mod, the batteries are the main power source for the vape kit. The batteries are either integrated batteries or replaceable batteries that can be changed once they run out of power.
- Vape Mods: The device where the batteries are located. Vape mods connect and transfer power generated by the battery to the atomizer.
- E-Juice: A mixture of several chemicals that is heated to create the vapour for inhalation.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Vape Kit
When it comes to choosing a vape kit, there is typically no right or wrong; it all depends on your personal preference.
Complete Systems vs Ala Carte Systems
Ala carte systems allow for more customisation. Most vaporisers come in complete systems, whereby the coil and atomizer can be disposed and replaced. Newer versions, however, are sold as individual components so that you can mix and match the individual parts to customise your own vape device. Each system has their own advantages. A complete system makes it easier for users to buy one item on-the-go. More time is involved when selecting individual parts, but it also allows for one to tailor his or her vapes based on personal preference.
Compatibility of Concentrate
Another essential element to consider is the concentrate that you intend to vape. There are three types of concentrates available in the market – vape oil, dry herbs, or wax. Some vape kits are compatible with all three concentrates, while others can only accommodate one or two of them. Using the wrong concentrate on your vape kit will damage it and cause it to malfunction. The safest option out of these concentrates would be vape oil, more commonly known as e-juice as it is the most widely accessible concentrate, hence they are suitable to be used on all vape devices.