Video gaming is a past time that has been around for a long time. Ever since the first Home Pong video game console was released by Atari in 1975, video gaming has been a favorite for many to keep themselves entertained and to past the time. In today's era, however, video gaming has taken an even larger advancement.
Games today have all of the latest graphics that are incredibly lifelike, and gameplay that is intuitive, making these games very immersive, absorbing us into their universe without fail. However, these games are not only used for entertainment and absent minded past times, half of these games have very interesting stories that teach us many life lessons, histories, and even moral values.
Some of these video games are also exclusives to certain gaming platforms. And there are only four of these main gaming platforms today: the PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and the Nintendo game consoles.
Sony's PlayStation console and franchise revolutionized the video gaming industry by setting the standard during its launch. Since then, there has been countless number of games developed for the PlayStation video game consoles. The PlayStation 2 itself had 3000 games!
Here are some of the PlayStation exclusive games:
- God of War: The God of War franchise mainly revolves around the vengeful anti-hero Kratos who is constantly waging a battle against the many demonic forces as well as the Gods and Deities of many mythologies.There has been several games released since the PlayStation 2 until the PlayStation 4.
- Killzone:A first person shooter franchise that takes places in a science-fiction universe. The game follows the story of two warring factions, the Earth's ISA forces and the Helghast army from Helghan. The game has spawned off many different games from the PlayStation 2 until the PlayStation 4.
- Gran Turismo:An award winning realistic car racing simulator that is exclusive to the PlayStation franchise since the first PlayStation console. The game is also very well regarded for its realistic visuals and incredible replication of real car mechanics.
The Xbox franchise and line of video games console is a direct competitor to Sony's own PlayStation franchise. And like the PlayStation, the Xbox also enjoys several award winning exclusive video game franchises.
- Halo: No list of Xbox exclusive games would be complete without mentioning what is probably one of the world's biggest exclusive video game franchises ever: Halo. The Halo series puts gamers in the suit of superhuman soldier Spartan-117 – also known as the "Master Chief" - and his everlasting combat against the Covenant alien race, while attempting to understand the ancient civilization, the Forerunners. The game franchise has spawned off many different games for both the Xbox and the Windows operating system, as well as many different toy lines and other merchandises. It is widely regarded as one of the best selling first person shooter game franchise ever made.
- Gears of War:Gears of War is a third person "over the shoulder" shooter that puts the gamers into the boots of Marcus Fenix as he fights alongside his fellow human race against the invading Locusts race. Like Halo, Gears of War set the bar for third person shooters incredibly high – even inspiring other developers to produce similar games.