Whether for yoga or other workout routines, a yoga mat is a must-have for those who want to lead an active lifestyle. Check out the best selection of yoga mats from the best brands in Singapore or read more below about how to choose the perfect yoga mat.
Top Yoga Mats Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Nippon Paint Paint Mozzieguard NP BGG1704P (Pilates Mat) 1L||S$ 29.00||LazMall by Lazada|
Available in LazMall by Lazada S$ 29.00 Go to Shop
A yoga mat is a type of fitness equipment that is laid down on the ground and serves as cushioning either performing yoga or for workout routines. A yoga mat can be made of various things, primarily PVC, rubber, foam, or a combination of one or more materials. With the number of yoga mats available today, it can be a little bit confusing. To help you out, here are some tips that would help you choose the perfect yoga mat for your practice.
When choosing a yoga mat, the first thing that you need to think about is the material. Yoga mats can be made from a vast selection of materials such as the following:
- PVC - perhaps the most common material used in yoga mats, PVC is durable, sticky, and comfortable. One major con for this material is its construction. It has received much criticism for not being environmental-friendly.
- Foam - another alternative material that would give you all the benefits of PVC without the environmental effects, foam is also a great option. However, foam yoga mats are often created with latex which can be a problem for people with allergies to the material.
- Rubber - if you are looking for another option aside from PVC, rubber yoga mats are also a great choice. However, like foam, it also contains latex which can be a problem for people who are allergic.
- Cotton - otherwise known as "traditional yoga mats", cotton yoga mats are thin and eco-friendly and are often used on top of other yoga mats for additional support which it lacks. It's great for absorbing sweat and actually increases grip when wet.
- Jute - Like cotton, jute is also a fibrous material used on top of another yoga mat for support. However, unlike cotton, jute yoga mats have rougher fibres and absorb less moisture.
Another factor that you should consider when choosing yoga mats is its thickness. If your yoga mat is too thin, it can be harder for your knees and joints to hold a position, if it's too thick, it can be harder to balance. A yoga mat's thickness can range between ¼", ⅛", 1/16".
The standard size for a yoga mat 24" x 68" however it can be as long as 84". Most yogis ca fit within the standard size but if you require something bigger to accommodate your height, then there are larger options when it comes to yoga mats.
To create friction, most yoga mats are textured. Without texture, maintaining a pose, and finding your balance can be a little harder. In addition, there is a higher risk of injury since you would easily slip thanks to sweat and lack of friction. Always choose a yoga mat that has an adequate texture that you need for your practice.
The last thing that you need to consider when choosing a yoga mat is the price. If you want to invest in a yoga mat to enhance your practice, then a more expensive mat from a reputable brand like Clever Yoga, and Jade Yoga would be a great buy. There are also affordable yoga mats that you can choose from. All you need to do is check out the yoga mats available above!
Which brand’s yoga mat is the best?
Lots of yoga mats sold on the market are durable and have high quality. Some even offer the most value for money! Here we round up some of the best yoga mats in Singapore, which include:
Best Yoga Mat Singapore
- Nike Fundamental Yoga Mat
- Camel Non-slip Yoga Mat
- Manduka Yoga Mat
- HomeBuddy High-Density TPE Yoga Mat
- Li-Ning Yoga Mat
- Watsons Yoga Mat
- Adidas Yoga Mat
- Miracle Shining Yoga Mat
What type of yoga mat is best for beginners?
Trying out yoga for the first time may be a tad bit of a challenge, especially if you’re practising it without an instructor. A yoga mat with markings that provides you with visual guidance on how to align your body is your lifesaver! The best yoga mat for beginners is definitely none other than the PIDEG Yoga Mat and the Li-Ning Beginner Yoga Mat. Both are made of thick and anti-slip material, rendering you ultimate comfort while practising yoga anytime!
Where can I buy yoga mats online?
In Singapore, yoga mats are available at various online shopping sites, such as Shopee, Taobao, and Qoo10. Yoga mats come at a price range between S$15.00 and S$240.00, depending on the quality and material used in the mat. Use our vouchers to save more on your yoga mat purchase!
For yoga outfits, you can browse Lululemon’s wide array of yoga apparel that keeps you comfortable at all times here at iPrice Singapore.