About Charms Singapore
- Charms Singapore: From Protector to Accessory
- Charms Singapore: Leading a Charmed Life
- Charms Singapore: Personalized Accessory for You
The history of when the charm bracelet appeared in its modern day form is hard to determine. But one thing many people can agree on is that ‘charms’ used to refer to amulets or talismans that were worn as a way to deter evil spirits and bad luck. In the fashion culture today, ‘charms’ usually refer to decorative pendants/trinkets that can be attached to a chain or leather band and worn around your wrist. The ‘charms’ are usually interchangeable and is linked with a memory or a statement to the wearer’s individuality.
Charms and charm bracelets are available in a variety of styles, materials and, of course, pricing. If you are looking to start your own journey with a charm bracelet, here are some things that you will need to know first:
- Make sure to select your bracelet before you start buying any charms. As there are different types of bracelets out there (e.g.: leather, Pandora-type European bracelets, and traditional chain charm bracelets), so the charms would go on differently as well.
- Do check your skin tone before you purchase a charm bracelet as different metals match different skin tones. For people with cool toned skin (pink/red undertones with mostly blue veins), make sure to go for silvery metals. For people with warm toned skin (yellow/gold undertones with mostly green veins), then gold or bronze metals would be more suited to your skin.
- Yes, charms can cost a fortune. But there are times when it is totally worth it as quality charms can last for quite a long time and have a lesser chance of turning colour.
- When buying charms for a loved one, make sure that you know everything about the person before making a purchase. Colour is only one aspect of personalizing the bracelet (though it is no less important). From hobbies to favourite animals, it is best you make a list of everything you know about the person before making a purchase.
- While adding colour does make the charm bracelet look more interesting, make sure that you don’t mix metals. Meaning, keep silver charms with silver bracelets and gold charms with gold bracelets. Unless, say the charms are silver with gold details, then it is fine to mix the metals.
- Some charm bracelets do not come with the option of having interchangeable charms, it is still alright to buy loads of charms to add on to your bracelet. After all, a charm bracelet is all about your style and individuality. So don’t be afraid to flaunt it.
Make your very own charm bracelet from our array of charms. Wear it to the beach or to the office or even to dinner parties, it is all up to you as these bracelets can be very versatile. Choose from our array of Swarovski, Pandora or Soufeel for quality charms at affordable prices only on iprice.