Tweezers are like tiny, portable tongs you can bring anywhere. It is a vital accessory for makeup enthusiast, both amateurs or professionals. Explore all the tweezer choices here.
Save more with iPrice couponsiHerb Coupons Sephora Promo Code Watsons Coupons Althea Promo Code Lookfantastic Coupons See more stores >
Top Tweezers Price List 2021
Tweezers in Singapore comes in all shapes and designs, and each of them has their own intended use. However, the use of tweezers can go beyond for beauty and grooming purposes. Electricians and mechanics can also use tweezers to precisely install small objects. Stamp collectors would also use tweezers to apply stamps on paper.
A brief history of Tweezers
The Ancient civilizations were truly great inventors. The first evidence of the use of tweezers dates back to 3000 BC. Ancient drawings in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and India often portray people using a tweezer-like tool for grooming and cooking purposes. The word tweezer itself derives from the term etwee, a derivative from the French word étui, meaning small case. Tweezers are usually carried inside small bags, and overtime tweezers became its own word and “tweeze” became an accepted verb in the English language.
Types and uses for Tweezers in Singapore
- Point-Tip Tweezers – You might think this will be perfect to groom your eyebrows, using the point tip tweezers requires a steady hand. You can use this type of tweezers to remove splinters, plucking stubborn ingrown hairs, and place small decorative rhinestones for nail art purposes.
- Slanted Tweezers – Probably the most popular type of tweezers used by beauty fanatics. The classic slanted tweezers are perfect to pluck and shape your eyebrows and baby hairs. The tip provides precision, so you don’t accidentally pluck more hair than the desired amount. The combination of the slanted tweezers and the point tip tweezers creates the pointed slant tweezers, also perfect to remove and pluck hairs in difficult areas.
- Round-Tip Tweezers – Even if round-tip tweezers don’t provide precision, you can still use this to tweeze hairs at various angles. Be careful, though, it’s easy to pluck big chunks of hair with the round-tip tweezers so it’s better to use it to groom wider areas.
- Flat-Tip Tweezers – Not recommended to pluck hairs, but it is great to apply eyelashes or other decorative facial pieces, like a rhinestone for your eyes.
- Arched-Claw Tweezers – Use this type of tweezers to pick up cotton balls or tweeze hard to reach areas like the bikini line. The arch allows you to see and locate the hair you want to remove.
- Wide-Grip Tweezers – For those with unsteady hands, the wide-grip tweezers are great. They provide extra support with their circular paddle-like grip in the middle of the tweezers. You don’t even have to squeeze as hard with these tweezers so plucking stubborn ingrown hairs will be so much easier.
Choose your tweezers wisely or you could hurt yourself. For beginners, start with the slanted tweezers, and then slowly move into other kinds as you gain more expertise and stable hand coordination. Remember, beauty doesn’t always have to be painful. Groom wisely with tweezers from Sephora, WEITUS, Rubis, and Japonesque here at iPrice.