Safety for your baby
The little ones are everyone's favourite bundles of joy. They can be cute, cuddly, emotional – what have you, but there will be no doubt that they have a soft spot in our hearts. That soft spot is why we should always care for their safety and protect them from harm – that is not all however. Babies are fragile, and they are very curious. Curiosity always gets to them, and that could put them in harms way.
Fortunately for parents out there, the world today is filled with many different safety products that can protect the little ones and also prevent harm from happening to them. Car seats, carriers, gates, corner covers – everything is there for your baby's protection.
At home is probably the safest place the baby will ever be in, but that does not mean that there are no safety hazards at home. It is important to take note of these dangers:
- Sharp furniture corners such as tables and desks.
- Opened drawers where the baby could climb on or reach for sharp utensils.
- Small items placed haphazardly on surfaces such as jewelry can be swallowed.
- Staircases where baby could possibly tumble downwards.
- Shampoos and soaps getting into their eyes.
- Falling out of cribs or beds without any fencing.
There are many other hazards that a baby may face, so it is vital that the parents are always diligent.
There are as many safety products out there as there are safety hazards. These products can help to protect your baby and prevent them from approaching any safety hazards.
- Baby Safety Gate: A safety gate is easily opened and operated by an adult, but it protects and prevents a baby from accessing any rooms, staircases, or even a fireplace in some environments.
- Baby Monitor: A baby monitor is usually placed in a baby's room where it allows the parent to monitor through either video and audio feeds, or both. It is ideally placed in rooms where a baby frequents.
- Baby car seat: A baby car seat attaches on to most regular car seats and acts as cradle for the baby, securing him or her in position safely. A baby seat is usually faced towards the rear of a car as well, reducing the risks of any injury in a collision.
- Baby shower cap: A baby shower cap isn't to cover their hair, its to prevent soap or shampoo from dripping down into their little eyes. Usually a loose fitting rubber headband which sits comfortable on top of a baby's head.
Parents should never skimp out on a budget or effort to help baby-proof a home or protection for their baby. They should always remember that material items can be replaced, but a baby's life and health is irreplaceable. If you have a baby, remember to be diligent and to keep an eye out for any safety hazards.