- Onitsuka Tiger Shoes Singapore: Humble Ambitions
- Onitsuka Tiger Shoes Singapore: When Sports Meets Fashion
- Onitsuka Tiger Shoes Singapore: Work Out In Style
Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, the ethos that drove Onitsuka Tiger to be the force it now is in the sportswear industry. The ethos is a Latin maxim that means “sound mind, sound body”. The brand came into being in year 1949 when Kihachiro Onitsuka had the idea that sports could be the key to transforming lives affected by the War. The brand at first set out to help rebuild a better future for the youths of Japan.
Onitsuka Tiger rose to popularity in the world during the Olympic games of the 1960s when Japan’s women’s volleyball team won the gold. All of the members were wearing Onitsuka Tiger volleyball shoes. Soon, the brand begun to ship the shoes to the US. It was during this period that the markings on the shoes were changed to a sleeker tiger stripes design that can be found on the current Onitsuka Tiger shoes today.
While Onitsuka Tiger has since expanded their products to cover other sportswear, it is their shoes that are in high demand around the world. From comfort to colour and style, these shoes are so much more than just sportswear.
Among the popular shoe styles that Onitsuka Tiger has to offer, we feel that these few may be of interest to you:
- Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66
- Introduced first in 1966 and formerly known as ‘The Limber’
- Renamed to The Mexico 66 when the shoes garnered global attention during the Mexico Games
- An iconic design that remains an international favourite
- The first shoe to sport Onitsuka Tiger’s new Tiger Stripes detail
- Onitsuka Tiger The Ultimate 81
- Technical running shoes from the 1980s.
- Flexible TPU heel for great support
- Lightly padded for comfort, fit and feel
- Lightweight and highly functional
- Onitsuka Tiger Corsair
- Introduced in 1969
- Served as an inspiration for the formation of Blue Ribbon Sports ( now known as Nike) and is an inspiration for the Nike Cortez sneaker
- Features full-length EVA midsole for great cushioning and to ensure shoe is lightweight
- Maintains the same vintage design from the first Onitsuka Tiger Corsair shoes
- Onitsuka Tiger Colorado 85
- First introduced in 1985, design of latest model has been improved
- Known as running shoes that combine fashion with functionality
- Provides great comfort for feet and maximum grip
- Collaborated with Andrea Pompilio (renowned fashion designer) for a collection of 4 sneakers that feature unique, fashionable designs
Featuring styles of shoes that have been through rigorous testing before entering the market, Onitsuka Tiger shoes are highly recommended for anyone looking to invest in great quality shoes. Scroll up and continue shopping for Onitsuka Tiger shoes or go to Sports Shoes to find other products that may meet your needs.