Plantronics Singapore, your partner in Bluetooth headsets
- Plantronics Singapore
- How did Plantronics begin?
- Interesting Facts
- Plantronics Bluetooth headsets and earphones
- Is Plantronics the suitable audio solution for you?
Plantronics is an electronics company that specializes in producing headsets and audio communication solutions for business or consumer markets. Their headquarters is currently located in California.
Few decades ago in the early 1960s, airlines used headsets that were far too large and cumbersome for their pilots to use for communications. The headsets were terribly large until most pilots simply switched back to using handheld microphones to communicate. The inconvenience of such large headsets were simply not suitable for use with airline pilots as the planes' operations were complex in nature. This is where Courtney Graham and Keith Larkin would come together to develop a headset that would be far smaller and lighter - yet also tough enough to pass though the high standards of airlines.
After many designs, Graham and Larkin would come to the final design where the headset looked amazingly simple: it was a simple headband that held two small hearing aid-style transducers. The approval of the headset gave Graham and Larkin the motivation to incorporate into a company called Pacific Plantronics in 1961.
So how far did Plantronics literally expand to? Well, space. - no, really. Within the same year Plantronics was incorporated, Graham was contacted by Wally Schirra, a NASA astronaut to develop another small and lightweight headset for NASA astronauts to use aboard the Mercury Spacecraft.
From this call, Plantronics started up its Space Environmental Communications (SPENCOMM) division. This division started to find and develop a reliable headset solution for astronauts in the Mercury Spacecraft. SPENCOMM staff and personnel travelled to NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center and the Kennedy Space Center to work with the NASA astronauts to create a design that would suit their use.
Did you know the very first words spoken by US astronaut Neil Armstrong when he first stepped on the moon was transmitted through a Plantronics' headset?
One of the most famous wireless Bluetooth earphones in the market is the Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 wireless earbuds. This pair of earphones are discreet, and yet they pack in features and great audio.
The Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 feature wireless Bluetooth technology that lets you connect the earphone to your smartphone, tablet or device of choice to stream audio and music over. No more fussing about the cables getting tangled in your pocket or across your body as go about your things. As the Backbeat Go 2 is also designed for those who do sports in mind, it features the P2i military-grade nano-coating that protects the earbuds against sweat, moisture, and spills to prevent damage when you sweat while you workout.
If you are worried about the fuss to charge the earphones on the go with more cables, then you won't have much worry with the Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 wireless Bluetooth earphones. The Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 features a carrying case that also doubles as a charging case for the earphones. The case can provide up to an extra of 14.5 hours of listening time so that you will never be without your audio! You literally go wireless with this amazing pair of earphones.
When we are out driving, it is more often than not we will have to take phone calls or make phone calls. But of course, like law and common sense dictates, driving while talking on the phone is dangerous. Unless you use alternative solutions such as handsfree headsets or those earphones with in-line microphones. However, those usually go into our both ears, blocking the majority of the ambient sound, which is important to take note of when you are driving. With Plantronics mobile Bluetooth headsets like the Plantronics Voyager Edge, you are solving a lot of those issues.
The Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth headset is wireless, so there's no cable getting in your way when you are driving. It is also only one sided with a microphone that extends out to pick up your voice clearer. The one sided design helps for you to still be able to have your phone call while you are able to maintain your attention on the road and on the ambient sound around your vehicle. The Plantronics Voyager edge is also very durable with its P2i nano-coating technology that makes the device have liquid repellant properties so that it will be more durable through rain and sweat.
- Directs calls to your phone or headset and pauses music (if any) - all you have to do is to place the headset on your ear to answer your call.
- The multi-microphone setup cancels background noise and optimizes your sound so that it gets heard loud and clear with minimal loss.
- Unique voice caller ID by announcing the caller's name; you answer by saying "answer" or "ignore" to decline the call.
- Vocalyst reads out your emails, newsfeeds and more to give you information all in your Bluetooth headsets.
- Compatible with smartphone or search assistants such as Apple's Siri, Google Now, and Microsoft's Cortana - just press the call button.
Ask yourself: do you listen to music on the go a lot? Do you make many phone calls on the move? If you do those frequently, then Plantronics is probably the right brand for you to go to for your audio solutions because their products are all about one thing: bringing convenience into your life.
- Plantronics has had an extensive history of making headsets for people of various backgrounds, from simple consumers all the way to the professionals in business.
- They are one of the leading brands for wireless Bluetooth headsets.
- Their products are all about the convenience of doing things such as voice control for their Bluetooth mobile headsets, carrying case that doubles as a charging pouch for their wireless earphones, and noise-cancelling technologies in their microphones.
- Portable and easy-to-handle products by Plantronics make it easy for us to use their products on a daily basis better - not to further encumber is with more hassle.