Gone are the days when our ancestors had to light up an oil lamp at night to navigate indoors. Following the invention of electric light, LED lights have truly revolutionised our domicile over half of a century. Illuminate your cosy living space and add a touch of liveliness to your modern home with SG LED’s range of lighting products today!
Top Trending in Decorative-ceiling-lights
Top SG LED Decorative Ceiling Lights Price List 2021
Available in Qoo10 S$ 6.60 Go to Shop
LED lights come in various forms and sizes, and some of them are equipped with additional features, therefore their prices can vary. While choosing the right lighting products for your home may be a tad bit difficult, here we have answered some questions you may have about LED lighting:
Are LED lights dangerous?
While LED lights have internal components that consist of hazardous substances like arsenic and lead, they aren’t deemed toxic like the CFLs (compact fluorescent lights). However, LED lighting emits blue light, which is commonly associated with health problems including sleep deprivation as a result of long-term exposure to blue light waves. It’s suggested that LED lighting with cooler shades are to be stationed at the kitchen and bathroom, and not in bedrooms or any living spaces.
What is special about LED lights?
LED Lighting does not emit UV rays that may pose a significant health risk to individuals who are overexposed to them. What’s more, LED lights are also safe for the environment as they are 100% recyclable and leave very minimal carbon footprints. Since LEDs are made of epoxy lenses in lieu of glass, they are long-lasting and much more resistant to breakage.
Why is LED lighting better?
The LED ceiling light is always preferred over the CFL or incandescent light bulb because it requires much less wattage, produces less heat yet more light, and comes at a more affordable price or costs less in the long run.
Track Lighting System
There’s a reason why the retro-looking track lighting still remains prevalent today. Given its versatility for setting up any number of adjustable ceiling spotlights, you can direct the light to wherever you want it. Track lighting blends well into a modern or industrial space. It’s also not uncommon to see a large minimalist interior adopting unobtrusive track lighting in the living room, kitchen, dining area, and reading nook. If you’re looking to leverage the economic advantage of the track lighting system, utilise LED lightings as they consume approximately 80% less energy than normal bulbs.
Best LED Bulbs for Modern Homes in Singapore
- Philips LED Non-Dimmable A19 8.5-Watt Frosted Light Bulb 800 Lumen 2700K
- IKEA RYET LED Bulb E27 1000 lumen, globe opal white, 5000K/2 pieces
- IKEA RYET LED Bulb E14 Bulb 200 Lumen Warm White Light Bulb (2 pieces)
- OSRAM LED Value Classic A 40 5.5W E27 Screw Light Bulb (6500K Cool Daylight/ 2700K Warm White)
- PowerPac 7W G24d-1 LED PLC Bulb Daylight (PP6627)
How much watt of LED bulb is required for a room?
For a 250 square feet space, one will need 5,000 lumens as the primary light source (20 lumens x 250 square feet), equivalent to about five 100-watt incandescent light bulbs, or eight 10-watt LED light bulbs.
Aside from tracklights, SG LED purveys a wide range of lighting items such as LED downlight, LED ceiling light, LED panel light, LED pendant light, halogen light bulbs, crystal light, and many more at an affordable price.
Which is a better light bulb: soft white or daylight?
Soft white is warm and yellow, the typical colour range seen in incandescent bulbs. This light gives a warm and cosy feeling and is often best for a living room or bedroom where people rest and unwind. On the other hand, daylight has a more bluish tone which can maximise contrast for colours, hence is more suitable for work or study room or dressing table.
- Recessed LED Ceiling Light - cost-efficient, soft and can be easily installed behind a false ceiling; perfect for modern homes
- Back-lit Ceiling Panels - provide homogenous lighting across the room and create a warm and serene experience.
- Flush Mount Lighting - a versatile lighting solution especially for hallways and constricted spaces with low ceilings, such as the dresser areas and bathrooms.
- Cove Lighting - indirect lighting that focuses on the ceiling and provides gentle illumination down the walls. Combine it easily with floor lamps and hanging lighting for effective illumination. Used to highlight or accentuate an architectural element of the ceiling.
- Gimbal Recessed Lighting - adjustable lighting that directs focus on different objects, especially artworks on the wall or on the bookshelf in the study area.
Can LED lights catch on fire?
While overheating is one of the reasons a bulb could start a fire, this is highly unlikely to happen with LED ceiling lights. They may feel hot to touch, but they produce light at a significantly lower temperature than other bulbs. Traditional bulbs use a filament, which loses a lot of energy through heat emissions, whereas incandescent bulbs generate heat as infrared radiation. Since LED ceiling lights do not affect the ambient temperature, they are ideal for small, confined or temperature-controlled areas.
You can also find other lighting products such as LED light bulbs, LED lamps, suspension lamps, candle bulbs, and many more here at iPrice Singapore!