First, there was Cinderella and then there was Carrie Bradshaw. The similarities between these remarkable individuals are the heels that changed their whole life. These two individuals are proof that a beautiful pair of heels can give you the happiness you can never imagine. Added to this happiness, heels can also change your height, making your legs look longer, leaner and sexier. And lastly, heels have the power to enhance your outfit, giving you a more fabulous look.
- High Heels, taking your looks to a whole new level
- Get the perfect high heels to suit your style
- The red soles that changed the world
- You got to walk the walk with a pair of high heels
Heels came into existence way back in 1500, worn by Persian horseback warriors (men) to help them latch their feet to the stirrups. Later on, aristocrats began embracing this footwear to set themselves apart for the peasants, as a symbol of wealth. Men stopped wearing heels altogether when Napoleon Bonaparte was photographed wearing flats when he crowned himself the emperor in 1804, ending the era where men wore heels. Women started wearing heels to be on the same level as men and later on, two types of heels were created, fat heels for men and skinny heels for women. Heels for women also became famous in the 19th century because of the pornography industry where females starting posing nude in high heels, giving a more erotic feel to the images. In this current age and time, heels are something that something that no women can live without, for it giving them confidence to face the world and height (obviously).
High heels have a special place in every woman’s heart. There are many different types of heels that are designed for their different functionality.
- Women’s all-time favorite, stilettos are the highest of all heels reaching up to 8 inches. Once you master the art of walking in the sky-high stilettos, you are gifted with amazing confidence that comes with that height.
- Sling Backs Heels:
- This type of footwear has a strap that goes around the back of the Achilles heel. The sling backs provides stability and yet maintains its elegant look.
- Ankle Strap Heels:
- Providing more support, ankle heels are totally in style right now. Similar to the sling back heels, this heels has a strap that goes around your ankle, securing your feet to your shoes.
- The only difference between a pair of platforms and a pair of stilettos are that the base of the shoe is thicker and wider. This makes the higher heels more comfortable because there is a less height difference between the back and the front of the foot.
- Practically lower than stilettos about two to three inches, pumps are the perfect shoes for and occasions.
When it comes to heels, Christian Louboutin is the first brand that appears in your mind. His signature trademark, the red-soled heels are the most sought after shoe on the planet. With a Louboutin shoe, you are not only paying for the brand name. Designed with the utmost care and precision, each pair of heels are made to last, promising you are superior shoe wearing experience. A name that caused a buzz among celebrities, designers, socialites, and shoe lovers everywhere, Christian Louboutin heels are the ultimate footwear to be owned. Celebrity fans include Mila Kunis, Lady Gaga, Blake Lively, Kristin Stewart, Kylie Minogue, Kate Moss, Leighton Meester, Karolina Kurkova, Emma Watson and Kate Bosworth.
Heels are an extremely versatile pair of footwear that is perfect for everything you have in your wardrobe. Take your outfit to new heights with a great pair of life-changing heels. Here are some style inspirations you can follow or get inspired by.
Everyone have a plain tee hanging in their wardrobe. For a casual day out to the mall or the street market, loosely tuck in your tee into your skinny jeans or a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans and finish it off with a pair off colored t-strap pumps. The pumps make your ensemble perfect by adding a splash of color to your plain outfit.
For women at work, showcase your professionalism and confidence by putting on a pair of closed stiletto or a pair of peep-toe pumps. Dress to impress with a button down shirt neatly tucked in into a high-waisted pencil skirt or a pants suit. Finish your look with a dainty necklace and you are ready to run the world. Get into your Sunday best for church or for family brunch. Get totally feminine with a lace fit and flare dress and style it with a pair of nude metallic pumps or an ankle strap platform heels. Swap the dress for a lace crop top paired with a flare midi skirt for the ultimate Audrey Hepburn look.