- Hand Creams Singapore: Your Skin’s Protector
- Hand Creams Singapore: For Model-Worthy Hands
- Hand Creams Singapore: For Youth and Beauty
Body creams are a type of moisturizer that has been used to keep skin soft and beautiful since the earliest of time. Back then, body creams were made from oils (that came from plants) or fats (that came from animals). It is much later on, when technology advanced to what it is found today, that newer formulas of body cream took advantage of the presence of mineral oil and petroleum jelly to create more complex body creams.
Now, that is enough about body creams. We are going to focus on a skincare product that is derived from body creams, that concentrates on one area of our bodies: hand creams.
Hands are just as important as your face as they function as bridges to the rest of the world, from shaking hands to greeting someone. Which is why you should take very good care of your hands. One of the ways to do that is by applying hand cream. Just like how your face requires moisturizer after being washed, so do your hands, especially after a hard day at work.
Just like lotions and creams for your body, there are various types of hand creams that are suited for different skin types and/or for various beauty purposes. Specific hand creams are developed for sensitive skin, some are made to ensure that your hands would smell great while others are created to gently exfoliate any dead skin from your hands.
Now, you may be thinking, ‘Why can’t I just use body lotions/creams for my hands then? Won’t that save me a lot of money?’. It would, but the skin on your hands may not receive all the care that it requires. This is because the skin on your hands defer from the rest of your body. The skin on the top of your hands are much thinner and have less sebaceous glands, meaning that it can get dry very quickly. On the other hand, the skin on your palms are thicker, making it hard for moisture to penetrate this layer of skin. These are some of the reasons why hand creams are created to be more rich and full of moisture binding ingredients as compared to other lotions and creams.
If your next question is ‘So, when should I use my hand cream?’, then listen carefully to these few tips that we have for you:
- Apply your hand cream after long contact with water, as water is a drying agent that can make your skin wrinkly.
- When you handle chemicals (whether when you are doing your chores or if it is part of your work), make sure you apply your hand cream then as most chemicals can take the moisture out of your skin.
- After you bathe, would be the perfect time to apply your hand cream! Or even when you are about to turn in for the night.
- Make sure you apply hand cream at least twice a day to get the maximum benefits for your skin!
Wrinkly hands can be such a turn off. So make sure you take good care of your hands and treat them with love and care when using the variety of hand creams that we have on offer! If you are looking for hand creams that not only care for the skin, but leaves the skin lightly scented, then try L'Occitane Hand Creams or Jurlique Hand Creams. If you prefer non-scented hand creams that do a great job of keeping your hands moisturized, then try Neutrogena Hand Creams or Dr.Jart+ Hand Creams.