Many people tend to pay more attention to their looks and don't give a whole lot of thought about nail care but nails are also an important part of your body. Just think how tough it would be to pick up a penny from the ground or to peel off sticky tape when you don’t have strong and healthy nails to help out. Your nails not only help you do things, but also protect your fingers and toes. Browse at nail care products below and click here to learn more about nail care.
Get the latest deals and coupons right in your inbox!
Top Nail Care Price List 2020
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish||S$ 15.50||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Well Well Well||S$ 15.78||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Mud Mask||S$ 15.53||HQhair|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Chai on Life||S$ 15.53||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Pampered in Pink||S$ 15.53||HQhair|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Rosy Glow||S$ 15.53||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Rediance||S$ 15.50||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Rosy Quartz||S$ 15.53||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Haute Springs||S$ 15.53||Beauty Expert|
|Sally Hansen Colour Therapy Nail Polish Blushed Petal||S$ 15.53||Beauty Expert|
News about Nail Care
Top 5 The Ordinary Products for Acne and Acne Scars14 October 2018
Dealing with acne and acne scars can be a huge pain, sometimes literally. Acne can come from hormonal imbalance, underlying illnesses, bacteria, an unhealthy diet, and sometimes as simple as stress. Whether you pick your zits or not, they can sometimes leave scars, bumps, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. On your skin, these things are not a pretty sight and could potentially affect your confidence. If you’re on the verge of giving up, there’s one more brand that’s definitely worth a try - the Ordinary.
Bored with your Skin Care Routine? Try These 5 Weird Face Masks22 September 2017
For any skincare enthusiast, nothing is more refreshing than coming home after a hard day at work and just starting with your skin care routine. However, after a few months, it tends to get a little boring and tedious. The best way to spice up your skin care routine is to incorporate new products and what better way to do it than a new face mask!
Nail care sounds like a lot of work and costs a whole load of money. That can be considered as half-true because prevention is always better than the cure, if you care for your nails daily with basic tools, you can avoid costly pedicure or manicure treatments at the nail salon.
Here’s a simple guide on how to pamper your nails.
- Don’t trim or cut cuticles: The cuticle has a very important purpose to serve as it seals the area at the base of the nail, a protection against bacteria and infection.
- Don’t skip the base coat: Painting your nails at home is no excuse to cut corners by skipping the base coat. The base coat not only protects the nail from being stained by the polish, but also helps the colour look more saturated and opaque with just one coat.
- Don’t forget the top coat too: Don't think you're squirming your way out of using top coat, either. This step is just as important, as the top coat seals in the polish's colour and adds a much-needed gloss finish to your digits. Adding another top coat layer every three days will also decrease nail chipping, so you'll get the most out of your manicure! Yay!
- Read the labels: not all nail polish brands are created equal, so make sure you're buying or using good products. Avoid clear polishes that contain toxic chemicals like dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, and toluene, as these toxins can contribute to brittleness, splitting, and cracking.
That’s the basics to nail care. Practice them daily and you’ll soon nail you way to a nice set of nails!
- Fingernails grow very slowly, and your toenails grow even more slowly.
- A fingernail will take half a year to grow back if you lose one because of an injury. If you lose a toenail, it might take a year and a half to grow back!
- Fingernails grow faster on your larger fingers and on your right hand if you're right-handed, and your left hand if you're left-handed.
- Fingernails also grow faster during the day and in the summer. So, yeah our nails grow faster if we’re in warm and humid Singapore.
- Fingernails can also reveal clues to your overall health. A touch of white here, some rippling or bumps there may be a sign of disease in the body. Problems in the liver, lungs, and heart can show up in your nails. Find out more below:
- Pale nails: very pale nails can sometimes be a sign of serious illness, such as Malnutrition, Liver disease, Anemia and Congestive heart failure
- White nails with darker rims: can indicate liver problems, such as hepatitis.
- Yellowish nails: most common cause of yellow nails is fungal infection. As the infection worsens, the nail bed may retract, and nails may thicken and crumble.
- Bluish nails: can mean that the body isn't getting enough oxygen which could also indicate a lung problem like emphysema as well as some heart problem.
- Rippled nails: if nail surfaces are rippled or pitted, this may be an early sign of psoriasis or inflammatory arthritis.
- Split or cracked nails: dry cracked nails are often linked to thyroid disease while cracking or splitting combined nails with yellowish hues are more likely cause by a fungal infection.
- Dark lines beneath the nails: signs of Melanoma, a highly dangerous skin cancer, go to the doctors immediately!
However, do not panic after reading all these as many nail abnormalities are harmless — not everyone with white nails has hepatitis. So, if you're concerned about the appearance of your nails, do see a dermatologist and seek for the best nail care tools by browsing upwards for nail polish, nail colours and nail polish removers.